3.06.2012

DIY Birdcage Veil


Today with the help of YouTube (http://youtu.be/HtYMT_lZL3c) I have made my very first Birdcage Veil.
A birdcage veil would normally cost anywhere between $50 - $300 therefore I decided to make my own. I bought the Veiling Tulle & Crystal Stickers from Michaels Arts + Crafts store with the 50% off coupon. ( I never shop @Michaels without my 50% off coupon) :) . The hair combs are from Daiso (a Japanese market where almost everything is $2). The white roses are from Dollarama ( $1 store) and all the other stuff I already had at home. Since it was my first time it took me about 2 hours to make this birdcage veil. No wonder they're so pricy! It's all handmade and time consuming.
If you can tell, with the roses I ripped it all apart. I took all of the rose petals and glued them all together to form one huge rose.
...and the result.....


I am quite happy with what I made. Not bad for my first time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment