6.13.2012

Paper Lotus Flowers!

I still have many overdue DIY wedding projects that I haven't posted yet so stay tune for more!




What's this?

My bridemaids and I made paper lotus flowers.


One day I was reading my bridemaids blog http://alitreofsunshine.blogspot.ca/ (She makes handmade unique cards) and stumbled upon a really neat project. I asked her where she bought her tools and how she made it. The paper puncher was from Daiso ($2 store), colored paper from the dollar store, & glue. My bridal party came over to my house to form an assembly line to make the flowers. We tried different types of glue (glue gun, glue stick & liquid glue). The glue gun & liquid glue worked the best. We took 2 punched flowers and glued them together. After the glue was dry, we folded the top petals to form a lotus. One person punched the paper, the other glued and the other folded.


 Pretty!


At the wedding, we placed these on all of the reception tables, guest book table and candy table.

1 comment:

  1. Although it was a tedious project, the paper lotus flowers looked great at your wedding! I'm glad you were inspired by my post :)

    ReplyDelete